My name is Nancy Formusa and I have just begun my first week of teachers college at Brock university as a concurrent education student! I am very happy to be on this journey with my fellow teacher candidates, its really nice to see familiar faces in all my classrooms (and its wonderful knowing that we are the last bunch to only have one year of teachers college). Meeting all the professors this week has been a great new experience, I never thought I would meet so many passionate and kind teachers all in one place, it is such a breath of fresh air!
In 8Y24 we are being introduced to Genius hour, which we briefly learned about last year in Michael Savages class (my fellow concurrent education classmates know exactly what I am talking about). I do not know too much about genius hour currently but I am open to new experiences and the opportunity to widened my knowledge on this subject. I do know that genius hour is an opportunity for students to express their creativity and what they are currently learning in class using technology, for example blog posts and tweets during class time. I think it is great that students are being praised for using technology during class rather than reprimanded for it! Who would have thought that texting during class would get us a higher grade!
Anyway I am looking forward to the next few months here at Brock university Hamilton Campus, and I am hoping that this class will make me more tech savvy !!
Nancy Formusa :)
No comments:
Post a Comment