Thursday, 22 October 2015
STOMP
These past couple of days I have been really trying to think of a grand assignment that would really allow every student to have fun with music. I began to think of a presentation i saw my brother do in class when he was in grade 4, it was called stomp. Stomp didn't require you to be a musician, all you needed to have were objects around you to make music of some sort. This music could consist of the stomping of brooms, or the clanging of garbage cans. I would love to do something like this in my class, because it shows students that music is everywhere and can be made from the most unusual things. However, I would slightly change this assignment by actually composing a song, with lyrics and notations. It would be done entirely collaboratively, which fosters team work, collaboration and communication. I honestly cannot wait to try this out one day. Here is a video of what a tradition stomp performance looks like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment